Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan performs a classic Qawwali song:
Mera Piya Ghar Ayaa (My Beloved Has Come Home)



Two translations of the lyrics

... from here:

Turn away the watchman!
My beloved has come home!
God has made this union possible.
O what a beautiful miracle!

Again and again he strikes the gong,
And cuts short the night of union.
If he were to find my heart's desire,
He would throw away the gong, O friends!
Turn away the watchman, O friends!

... and from here:

Strike the gong to announce the arrival of my beloved
O beauties, my beloved has come home
God has united me with my beloved
And now torments me himself
The continuous striking of the gong ends our night together
Whoever understands my emotions, I’ll throw away the gong for him
And sing many beautiful songs
Since the grand and mighty are also coming
After much persuasion my beloved has come
And now parting is out of the question
My beloved has come home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks

http://sufisongs.blogspot.com/
do wants any lyrics and any video of ustad nusrat fateh ali khan songs video so please visit on this blog you will find every thing related to ustad nusrat shaib ji.

http://sufisongs.blogspot.com/


Ma Om Ma Om Ma Om Ma Om

May all beings everywhere be
happy