Sunday, June 04, 2006

Om yes Om ... (from 1991) by Om

Om yes Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
crack my jawbone Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
with my forehead Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
where I squint and frown Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om O
where I sit and silently Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om
call, bellowing a song Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om O
of Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om
Oh my heart painful sitting sciatac sacral sacred Om I hurt Om Om Om
Om eye heart grimacing glossolalia yawn scream flapping arms Om Om
Om
Who grabbed my left cheek? pulling it down my throat someone I Om
Om
swallowed must have been Om jutting chin forward tmj jaw chawing
Om
memories locked in the back of my neck back of my front facade Om
Om O
the twisted underpinning Oming itself Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om
straighter deeper down my pelvis right leg Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om
Om right hip joint joining Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om O
ears ringing Om breathing Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
taut face twitching Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om O
mask facing Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om O
heart feeling Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
shoulders bearing Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
fists squeezing Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om O
pounding Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
screaming scrOming Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
yelling yOming clear to Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om O
WyOming Oming in the Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om O
gloaming Om Om Oming Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om O
come the morning Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
the evening Om come Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
come on Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om O
yes Om crack the cosmos Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
Ommost Omest Om in the Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om
Om nest Om Om Om-blest Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om O
Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Om Om Om O
Om doubt Om boredOm cut loose Om freeing Om
dreaming of my dead maternal grandmother
asking me to come to her room
her daughter my aunt asking me
if I’m going to die in India
which I’ve thought of doing
maybe like Lewis Thompson
of sunstroke in Varanasi
Kashi, Shiva’s city
a holy Hindu hellhole
guaranteed entry to heaven
for the orthodox whose
burnt corpses
launch from ghats into
the current of the Ganges
the goddess who carries them
toward Kali Ghat, Calcutta
decomposing and feeding fish
who do not ask themselves
or the corpses whether the corpses
or themselves are fish, fruit, vegetable or
nightmare
but that is beside the point
of my soon arising from my seat
getting ready for bed
sitting saying Om
for a while before I
go to sleep and dream
whatever episodes
I will mostly forget
like most of most
days of my waking life
lived as if asleep
dreaming forgotten
gone downstream
decomposing en route
to the black hole city
of holy memory loss
lost to itself in its
own dream dreamt
by no one
god being
on vacation
sick in
bed or the head
or floating
down the
Ganga
dead as
my dreams
of meeting him
after my goodness
totals right or in a bar
on my lucky night high up
on a star in the so-called heavens
knows I dream to keep the dream alive
that is to say myself a dream dreaming
light behind the eyes
not shapes of things
just light
soft
gently absorbing
feelings sensed without images
obliterated accepted left alone
lightly as they come and go
saying Om
as the spine uncoils
straightening clicking
vertebrae in place
I cry Om and more
not knowing what I say
with tongue and throat
lips cheeks blowing
sounds ground in
the larynx gizzard
of my bird
brain. snake
with wings fly
into yourself turn
inside out pull your
tail through your tongue.
both forks. thinking foreign
noise static avalanche
interrupts silence grunting
belly floating heart blinking
eye leaving light as it is
no form sought no idea
in mind staring at the light of
nothing
in many particular
pains burning
out the fear
rounding shadows
objectless call
Om
as recognizable
language agent
complex reasserts itself
I do declare
Om again from toe
tips to darkness in
the light snapping
my head or stretching
between my shoulder
blades. where did I
come from unknown
no one knows
and answers asking
itself flying away
snake uncoils. Om.

No comments:


Ma Om Ma Om Ma Om Ma Om

May all beings everywhere be
happy